CDL Tests And General CDL Information

A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is a driver's license required in the United States to operate any type of vehicle which has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 lb (11,793 kg) or more for commercial use, or transports quantities of hazardous materials that require warning placards under Department of Transportation regulations, or that is designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver. This includes (but is not limited to) tow trucks, tractor trailers, and buses.

Saturday, August 28

Becoming a Truck Driver - How I Got Started


How It All Started

I was 21 years old and working at a warehouse outside of Atlanta, GA. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY where I now reside 14 years later. But when we were 19, a couple of buddies of mine and I jumped in an old van and drove from Buffalo, NY to Atlanta, GA on a wing and a prayer. We were all about the adventure. Actually, I was all about the adventure and LOVED dragging others into my adventures with me so off we went!

After a couple of really fun years my one buddy and I found ourselves working for $5.50 an hour in a warehouse. We worked a ton of hours and enjoyed it. The people we worked with were great an

Read more CDL Tests, Hazmat CDL and Truck Driving Information ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CDL News

Other Sites

Followers

 

Copyright 2010 CDL Tests. Powered by Blogger. By Blog Building Services together with Internet Marketing Center.